2.20.2013

Learning to crochet

 
 Such a time I'm having learning to read patterns, so I've been making pot holders and dish cloths just to practice different stitches. A recently crocheted cotton 6" x 12" rectangle mat to fit under a 9" x 13" cake pan. To make it thick and chunky it's made with 2 strands of cotton- one green and one ecru.  I used a half double crochet stitch, going through the back loop only. I love the extra texture the ridges make. 


Underneath the white ironstone vase is a green and and white vintage doily I found thrifting.


The large, round ecru doily on the bottom was made by my Mom. She made it much larger than the pattern (a happy accident!) and it fits just right on my square coffee table.

What are some ways that you have learned to crochet?

Patti

No comments: