I love to bake so yesterday I made muffins.
1 C uncooked rolled oats (old-fashioned)
1 C buttermilk*
1 C all purpose flour*
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ginger*
3/4 C brown sugar* (lightly packed)
1/4 C oil
1 C blueberries- fresh or frozen
1. Combine oats and buttermilk, in a large bowl and set aside to soften while mixing other ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and brown sugar; stir together.
3. Add oil and egg to oat mixture; mix well. Stir in dry ingredients until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
4. Fill well greased muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake @ 400 degrees F. 15-20 minutes.
- I used sour milk- Put 3 Tbsp of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a glass measuring cup and fill to 1 cup line. This makes sour milk lickety split!
- For half the flour, I used white whole wheat.
- They were a little sweet for breakfast, so next time I will try 1/2 C brown sugar.
- The ginger was my addition, but you can use any spices of your choice.
Usually I like muffins that raise with big round tops when baked, but these stayed flat. They have lots of blueberries and were good anyhow. I hope you'll try them... let me know if you like them too!
What do you like to bake when it's cold and snowy outside?