2.16.2015

a success because...


this is the first item I have crocheted by reading and following written instructions. A simple cowl yes, but a victory! If you struggle with reading written patterns then you know exactly what I am talking about. Only within the last while have I discovered that I am a visual learner. Learning to read charts and watching You Tube videos have been super helpful.


I love the way it wants to naturally roll around upon itself. It's so complimentary to the diagonal rows of stitches.


Yarn Bee, Effortless from Hobby Lobby in bone.
 I made it narrower  by using a size P hook and the circumference is 27" instead of 30"
 


 



 Diagonal Cowl, by Amy Polcyn.

 The pattern is from Love of Crochet magazine, Winter 2014. 







2 comments:

Ashleysara said...

So glad for your success! I also love the way the cowl curls.

Patti said...

Thanks so much!